COURSESImmerse yourself in the Vast Opportunities of the Philippine Bamboo Industry while learning the necessary techniques for your craft
Bamboo Building Fundamentals
9-day Intensive Bamboo Training – Learn the entire sustainable life-cycle of bamboo from shoots to structure.
9-day Intensive Bamboo Training
The workshop aims to present Bamboo through a “grassroots” approach catering to the local community, and to encourage exploration on the use of Bamboo for Construction and other products in the Building Industry.
A participatory approach for specific onsite projects and prototyping of products, will be conducted to serve as an introduction to the different uses of Bamboo.
- Feb 19-27, 2021 – Buda, Davao City
- April 23 – May 1, 2021 – Alae, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon (SOLD OUT)
- June 18 – 26 – Buda, Davao City
- Aug / Sept – TBD
- Oct / Nov – TBD
Bamboo Intro Course
Bamboo Intro Course – Discover Bamboo as a Sustainable Material and the Many Opportunities it has to Offer.
This is an intro course that aims to uncover Bamboo as a sustainable material for various opportunities like construction, handicrafts and furniture. This is a window of what to expect Bamboo can bring to communities, professionals and entrepreneurs in terms of livelihood and money-making activities.
Bamboo Mini Workshops
Focus Sessions on Bamboo – Explore Specific Areas of Interest in Bamboo such as Propagation, Carpentry, Treatment, Design and Build.
There are 5 aspects in the Bamboo Life Cycle. This is a specialised workshop that will tackle one of the following topics in a workshop setting with theories and hands-on exercises:
- Bamboo Appreciation, Propagation and Clump Management
- Harvesting and Treatment Preservation techniques
- Bamboo Design and Scaled Modeling
- Bamboo Structural Properties, Joints and Manipulation
- Bamboo Construction, Bamboo Carpentry, Bamboo Craft
May 5-8, 2021: Bamboo Carpentry Training in Buda, Davao City
Bamboo Market 101
Workshop on Bamboo Opportunities – Money-making activities and Opportunities in Bamboo and how to tap into it.
Now that you already have an output in mind, whether it be from propagation, treatment or construction, How can you turn that into Sales? Learn what you can do with your output, where to source buyers and the basics of how to market what you have.
FREE INTRO WEBINARS
Free Bamboo Intro Webinars to give a general overview about various topics pertaining to Bamboo Propagation, Treatment, Plantation Management, Post Processing and Opportunities in Bamboo.
- April 7, 2021 (3PM) – Topic : Why Bamboo? Bamboo 2021 and Beyond
- (COMING SOON) Bamboo Treatment – How long can Bamboo Really Last
- (COMING SOON) Bamboo Clump Management – How do I know which Bamboo can be Harvested
- (COMING SOON) Bamboo Furniture – What types of furniture can we make out of Bamboo
- and more…
Our students success stories
Below is what our students have to say about us.
Rizza Funa, Architect
Father Mario Baclig
Catherine Ramoso, Architect
I almost didn't want to stop hand on training. You don't have to be a skilled worker to train, you need to learn.